Can't Edit Text in a Table

I have been working with a table and when I would right click on a cell I wouild get an option to edit text.  Now when I do that the whole table or a cell is selected.  I have did this with Text Tool enabled, the Table Tool enabled, and the Pick tool enabled.  The first item on the menu that comes up is align to grid with the text and pick tools enabled, and options to select XX when the table tool is enabled.   No where do I see the edit text option.  What has changed?

Parents
No Data
  • I'm not sure what changed for you, but if you double-click on the table, it should enter an editable mode, including the ability to right-click on a cell to edit it (or just click in a cell and type directly). If right-click starts with Align to Grid, that sounds like the standard object right-click menu, meaning the table is not in an editable mode yet. Just double-click it. 

If that doesn't resolve the problem, to help with diagnostics, what does happen when you double-click on the table, then right-click? Could you paste a screen capture of the right-click menu? If I can see the options you receive, I can probably tell what's going on.

Children