incomplete icon preview but partial visibility

Direct preview from Coreldraw only shows thumbnails in A4. Anything off-page is not shown. In old version is not so. Why this difference from old version?
Luckily, in windows explorer I can see everything with active preview.

Parents
  • Because........

In the file Open dialog, make sure you have both the details and preview panes displayed.

Since at least X7 .cdr file format has been different and there are multiple file previews provided. One thumbnail for each page and one for all objects. Now it is a problem within windows that Corel will serve up the wrong thumbnail in the situation where there is only one page in the document. So your drawing might not have a page displayed, indeed you might, as do I, have no interest in having any sort of page, and in that case you cannot force Draw to use the all objects thumbnail. Its all a bit complicated because different file dialogs use different scenarios, and indeed in WIndows 11 File Explorer they have done away with the ability to display the Details pane at the same time as the Preview pane. The Details Pane shows all objects thumbnail and the Preview Pane shows the page thumbnail.

Its all very confusing and annoying in equal measure. I complained about it when I was a beta tester but got nowhere. It seems to me the simple fix would be to ignore the Page thumbnail in all documents where there was only one page and where the Page Border was not displayed.

Now there is a fix, but it requires a little bit of caution before applying it. Eskimo has a macro that will set the page boundary to encompass all objects. However there is a problem in that the page cannot be moved to anywhere on the drawing desktop so it will move objects onto the page. If you use guidelines or have hidden or locked layers you need to be a bit careful, but it does work. You will need to run the macro every time you edit the file but thats no hardship, and this will then force the thumbnail to show all objects in any file explorer window/pane.

Reply Children
No Data