Stability of CorelDRAW 2024

I have a 1.3GB Draw file open with a good deal of artistic text, multiple large transparencies as well as 5 other programs open for a total of 6.5 GB in memory.

Selecting a 20" x 40" image at 200 DPI and using the edit bitmap feature transferred the image to Photo-PAINT for editing in 6 seconds.  All edits went well.

Parents
No Data
  • I've seen a number of crash issues.

The Pointillizer tool is certainly less stable the previous version. I often use the effect to create accurate looking simulations of LED "jumbotron" displays. The texture looks better on a client sketch than a raw, chunky low res TIFF image. Previous versions could generate Pointillizer object groups with well beyond 50,000 vector "squircle" shapes with no problem. With this new version I have to save changes and then cross my fingers when applying the Pointillizer effect to an image.

The Sept 2023 release of CorelDRAW was able to run while Adobe Illustrator was also running without any issues. This new version of CorelDRAW does not like it if Illustrator is open too. If I launch CorelDRAW while Illustrator is running it will often crash. If I launch Illustrator while CorelDRAW is running then CorelDRAW will often crash when being closed.

One noticeable improvement with this new version: it exports art in Adobe Illustrator format much faster. The previous version would take 20-30 seconds to export an AI file regardless of how complex or simple the artwork was.

Children