Painterly Brush Tool

Test drive this, I believe it's interesting but I need to hear from people with lower powered systems.

Parents
No Data
  • Mine is not exactly a low powered system per se, but an outdated 4 year old (2020 model) ConceptD 5 Pro Creator's 4k laptop, nVidea Quadro P2000 6GB discrete graphics,  i7 8th gen., 64GB RAM, 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSDs. 

The painterly brushes run great. And this was the feature that made me decide to upgrade to CDR 2024. I was on the fence, since I own the 2022-23 perpetual versions, as I was on the former maintenance plan. I have for many years used Draw in conjunction with Corel Painter, and some editing in Photo-Paint. I like to use the natural media brushes in Painter, then draw some vector objects in Draw, which I usually insert into the raster art and finish editing in Photo-Paint. 

So this is the perfect evolution of CorelDraw for me. I might not even have to open Painter much anymore, since the capabilities added for the painterly brushes almost mirror those of Painter. I say almost, because there are many more default brushes in Painter. If they give us the ability to import Painter brushes, I could use my favorites from that app, and I might not need Painter again at all.

Edited to add: This version runs as slick as snot on a raincoat on my laptop. I have encountered no bugs yet, either.

Here is one of my Corel Painter 2023 / CorelDraw 2023 examples. Vector objects inserted into the raster painting. This is a low res shot of a quite large painting. I'm going to try similar things using only CorelDraw with the Painterly brushes.

Bob Ross Style, with a Twist

Children