Many, too much crash with Coreldraw 2024.....again

I have been using Coreldraw since Coreldraw 4, so for many years. This software has many advantages, but one flaw that has unfortunately penalized it for years.
Too many crashes.
Crashes when you have many files open, crashes editing complex files with text and last and not least, Coreldraw 2024 crashes when I use curves or adjustment layers on high resolution images, for example on images ranging from 70 mega and higher. Yet I use decent hardware to this day. But there's nothing to be done. Every Version has a crash problem. The current one is on the regulations. I have resigned myself to it over the years. But I don't understand why is impossible give more stability to this software. And on the same machine, for work, I use "competing" software without having the same problem. Obviously for work, original and paid software.

Parents
No Data
  • You may be able to mitigate the large file crash issue with a little tweaking that worked for me. I actually originally made these changes in version 2021, when I had serious problems with crashing. I've done this to all subsequent versions as well.

First, try with hardware acceleration on. If it's already on, see what happens when you turn it off.

Second, go into Options | File Formats. There are a lot of active filters there that most people won't use. Check to see if there are file types that you never use or even heard of, and remove them. I removed about 20 of the filters. You can always turn any filter back on from that menu if you have to.

Third, go to Options | Document | General and change the view mode from Enhanced to Normal in the dropdown there.

Fourth, in Options | Global | General, tick Enable Background Tasks.

I did the above and I see very few crashes, almost never really. Not too long ago I also doubled the RAM from 32 to 64GB. This definitely helped all of my apps to run better, including CorelDraw.

Children