vector art

hi all, been in the community for a short while and been hearing and seeing wonderful works done by vector art. i'm a lilttle confused and completely lost about this art. Is it a  new form of drawing or its a kind of drawing done in corel. do i need to use corel for a long time before i start with vector drawing. help really needed cos its ben bothering me for a while. would greatly appreciate it if someone directs me. thanks  

Parents
  •  Hi,

To do vector art you work with CorelDRAW.
    To do more traditional style of drawing (but still with a computer though), you work with Corel Photo-Paint, and could be called bitmap art, Photo-paint being a bitmap program.

The two techniques differ in that Vector/object art is a line, stright or curved, connected by nodes. To put it simple.
    Bitmap art is on the other hand build up by squares. Bits. If you zoom in on a bitmap image, like a photograph, you will see that there is small squares that build up the image. In contrast to Vector/objects being build up differently.

So Yes, you need CorelDRAW in this case, to make vector art. If you buy CorelDRAW Graphic Suite, X4 being the latest version, you will get both these programs: CorelDRAW and Corel Photo-Paint. When doing these two kinds of art you can use a ordinary mouse, but I personally use a Wacom Intuos3 tablet. Which is a digital pen to draw with.

And yes you can start doing vector art right away if you have CorelDRAW. Then how good you are depends on training, training, training :-)
    The more we train the better we becomes.

May I suggest you viisit this website http://www.advancedartist.com/
    Tom Knight show in his free tutorials in small movies how he work doing vector art. He is really good. A great site of inspiration.  And then you can always visit http://www.unleash.com a great site of inspiration and learning. There is as I know it no movies showing how to do vector art, but a asbsolute great site for learning how to work with CorelDRAW and a lot of great tutorials.

Hope this helps

Have fun! 

Reply Children