selling corel products on my website

Hi All

I am in the process of building a website for my business

I run a vecorization service and I would like to encourage more of my clients to use Corel products for their artwork as I find I have to convert my graphics into lot's of different formats and we all know corel is the best.

What I would love tp be able to do (however I understand if this is impossible) is to give away an old version of corelDRAW say version 8 and have the latest version available to buy

Most of our clients are sign makers, cad cut garment printers, screen printers etc

How possible is all this

mamos

•  Or I would like to sell an older version of the software for a reasonble price like this website

http://www.signwizard.co.uk/coreldraw_12.htm

mamos 

• Based on discussion here, it appears you can legally give away an older (honest) Corel product.

You can also resell an older (honest) Corel product, just as you can resell any used item.

But Corel does not allow you to transfer a license/registration key, and does not allow a new user registration.

If Corel was smart, maybe they could sell (cheaply) license keys for older discontinued Corel products. At least those who unknowingly bought a pirated product, could still acquire a legitimate license and Corel could get some compensation.

• Based on discussion here, it appears you can legally give away an older (honest) Corel product.

You can also resell an older (honest) Corel product, just as you can resell any used item.

But Corel does not allow you to transfer a license/registration key, and does not allow a new user registration.

If Corel was smart, maybe they could sell (cheaply) license keys for older discontinued Corel products. At least those who unknowingly bought a pirated product, could still acquire a legitimate license and Corel could get some compensation.

Besides legal issues or company policy, I'm not sure if it's a profitable solution.

If you have 100 clients that requires CorelDRAW, you should have 100 different boxes, no matter what version, in order to send at least one for each client. That's a big amout of money, even if you obtain a discount. And of course, it has no sense to send a program for free, because you need to recover your money.

The most logical solution is to recommend your customers to use a subscription, for 16.5 dollars per month. That allows to have the latest version always and also allows to use the coreldraw.app on any device.