How can I turn off the particle shop popup ads that show up on my windows 10 machine running coreldraw 2017?
I already went into the settings and set the option to no show me any ads but I still get these popup ads from particle shop.
Ridiculous that Corel does this .
am I correct in assuming you also have ParticleShop installed on your system, and not just CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2017? Each product has its own settings when it comes to displaying messages. The following Knowledge Base article should have the instructions on how to configure this for each different product Corel has: https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012433607
Gérard @ Corel
It doesn't work. Nothing suggested by Corel works - I can say this after multiple useless suggestions/lies from Corel support.
Here's what I got from Adobe forums today. Go into Task Scheduler and have a look. CorelUpdater is set to generate that popup EVERY DAY at 6:56PM on my machine, for a promo I've ALREADY purchased. As a Canadian, I feel I have to apologize for this company's alienating and incompetent behaviour (this describes every experience I've had dealing with Corel support):
Try this (from GETHIPP at Adobe forums: forums.adobe.com/.../10143444
1. Click on the start button
2. Type Task Scheduler
3. Click on the the Task Scheduler Desktop app will appear towards the top.
4. Once the Task Scheduler app appears highlight the Task Scheduler Library Folder towards the top left.
5. The box on the right will show you what programs have scheduled tasks.
6. Locate the CorelUpdateHelperTaskCore task and right click on it.
7. Choose disable.
8. Close the window.
9. Under the help menu in PaintShop Pro X9 you can click on message preferences and uncheck the box for "Keep me informed with the latest product related messages" and under the Receive updates/offers as tray notifications dropdown choose Do not show me tray messages for this application.
10. Click on "OK"
11. Alternatively, you can always clear the messages folder under %appdata%\Corel\Messages
This crap happens with Particle Shop too. And now I know why my computer's been waking itself from sleep, seemingly for no reason. I've been on the phone lots of times with HP trying to sort out why it wakes, and no one can figure it out. Then when I saw the Task Scheduler solution to this issue, I take a look and it's Corel waking up the computer - the time for the pop-up notification coincides perfectly with the computer waking itself up. Can I send Corel a bill for the wear and tear on my machine?
Those instructions tell you to click on the Corel Update Helper tray icon, but that icon does not exist in my helper tray (and it's not hidden). So what is the process for particleshop popups if you don't have a helper tray icon?