About to 'Invest' in CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2019: Upgrade or Stand Alone Version?

Hi,

I am using a bona fide, but unregistered, version of CD 9 (!!!!) which I bought many years ago from someone I knew (just gave Customer Service the user code, but I think they wanted that as a part of the sales pitch - they were presuming that I would buy on the phone). I have the box, user manuals, and the CDs. VidMate

A little confused about the best options for purchase, so would appreciate suggestions, advice and help re.:

1. Should I buy the CAN $249 'Upgrade' version - unfortunately, getting the boxed version is $50 extra (and which, I think, is only a Back Up CD, according to what Customer Service told me on the 'phone)? word counter

2. Or, should I go with the full, stand alone $549?

3. I suspect that the "You are eligible for the $249 upgrade" is actually marketing, designed to look good in comparison to the $549 price, regardless of whether or not I had previous version of CD - they really were doing a hard sell on the phone, and it sounded a little sketchy. Am I wrong about this?

It would seem to me to be a waste of money for me to go with the annual (365 day) option, because I am not a professional designer and cannot deduct the cost of the package from my taxes, and also because two years of subscribing will equal the cost of the $549 option.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi there. As a previous version owner, you are entitled to the upgrade version (your option 1), as it is a complete version of the product just as the full standalone is (your option 2). Our upgrade option is going away very soon, so beyond that your options would only be the full version or the subscription (which you mention isn't ideal for you). As for CD versus download, even the CD requires components to be downloaded during the install. It's a personal preference thing, and some people like to have the physical CD for various reasons. If that's not a concern, then the download would be just fine for you.

Thanks for your loyalty!

John

Children
  • Our upgrade option is going away very soon,

DEC 1 2019.

I see they are running a special right now $169 US free shipping.  Some have seen this go even lower around $139, $149, $159.

Obviously the deadline is around the corner, so who knows if you see the current offer again.

Since v2019 is SO RISKY to use and may or may not see a UPDATE 4 (and even if that makes enough happy), it may be WISE to purchase the $99 US Upgrade Protection also just in case v2019 proves WORTHLESS even with Update 3 (and wishful thinking for a future Update 4 hopefully before v2020), so when v2020 come out, you get that version which "hopefully" will be refined and worth using in a production environment.  If not at least a couple or few more chances of updates for v2020 before calling it quits on any further yearly Upgrade Protections if Corel doesn't finally pull through for all of us LOYAL users.