Best practices on optimizing Coreldraw files?

I've used Coreldraw for 15 years now. But i became a business owner early this year. I've always enjoyed optimizing / simplifying Coreldraw files with the best knowledge i have, but now the needs are that much greater, for achiving and high volume works. I often print forms and do the numbering with Data Merge. Sometimes the merge files go up to many thousands, and in those cases a highly optimized file finishes much faster, with less RAM use. So, better optimizing habits would be good for work and home.

What are your recommendations for the best optimization of Coreldraw files?

What i often do:
- Combine similar objects as one, so there's as less objects on the object manager as possible. Also, node count as low as feasable.
- Use master pages when suitable.
- Use duplicates / clones / symbols as much as possible.
- Turn simple symbol pictures (and such) to simple vectors.
- Reduce picture resolution inside Corel to match only the needs.
- Simplify the font count to as few as possible. etc.

What are the differences, from a highly optimized file point of view:
1. RGB vs CMYK?
2. RGB vs CMYK to PDF?
3. Color profile embedded or not? I use RIP on printer.
4. Duplicate / Clone / Symbol?
5. Font practices and best file formats.
6. Picture profiles? I work often with black and white too.
7. Picture formats for import?
8. Older vs newer CDR files? Any differences there?

Thank you very much!

• I've been using CorelDRAW in my business since version 4, now at 2018 and 2020.  The answer to your questions are complicated by not knowing what type of business you do, your work flow and what version of DRAW as well as other support software and hardware you have or contract out for.

A RIP may or may not honor profiles,  it may used assumed color spaces for PDF/EPS and honor proforma TIF & JPG files. So the RGB/CMYK answers require more detail. 

I duplicate, never use clones or symbols, thevreas9ns are complex.

Currently the best font format (assuming a quality font to start with) is Open type true type outlines work best in a universal fashion. 

Embedd a profile in every image and for print use tif files.

Picture formating for import depend on what you're doing. Taking customer you'll get what you get avoid PSD or other native layered files except CPT the native Photo-PAINT file. In some cases Photo-PAINT files have to be imported as CPT as the process 9f linking between Draw and Photo-PAINT will not bring the data across properly. 

Older vs newer depends on your work, cut vinyl maybe version 12 will work. Top of the line output to a universal environment you'll need 2018 and 2020.