Cannot delete colors from document palette

Does anyone know why I am unable to delete colors from my document palette?  Years ago, I installed the Roland Versaworks custom color palette that includes a custom spot color used for contour cutting vinyl products (labeled "CutContour").  After opening some of my older files generated in earlier versions of CorelDraw, the "CutContour" color seems to "breed," resulting in multiple instances of the same color with an appended label (e.g. CutContour (7), CutContour (8), CutContour (9), etc.).  In one specific file, there are 41 replications of the same "CutContour" spot color in the document palette!  I can use the palette editor to delete all but 2 of the 41 iterations of the CutContour color.  Two of the CutContour colors in the document palette (CutContour (39) and CutContour (40)) simply will not delete.  When I try to delete these two colors, I am told they are "in use" and cannot be deleted.  I tried doing a find/replace of those two colors and it finds zero instances of either of these colors anywhere in the file.  Additionally, after I delete the other 39 iterations of the CutContour spot color from the document palette and subsequently save the document palette, as soon as I close and reopen that specific CorelDraw file, ALL 41 iterations of the CutContour spot color return again!!!  Please help!

Parents
No Data
  • Good day ,
    Not sure if you have tried this, but try clicking on the flyout and selecting close pallet.

Then go to: C:\Users\your_account_here\Documents\Corel\Corel Content\Palettes and see if there are any .xml files saved in this location.
    If there are, delete them.

Next, go to C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019\Color\Palettes
    or
    Next, go to C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2020\Color\Palettes

And search for this pallet - maybe it is hiding away in this directory.

If this does not solve the problem, then you will have to search your entire PC, to figure out where this .xml file is saved.
    If you can locate the .xml file you will be able to remove it completely.

My Pallets are not in the CorelDraw directory because i load them from custom directories; which are generally job specific.
    If this is what you have done, then it may take you some time to find the .xml file.

I hope this helps!

Plotter Cut Lines.xml
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <palette guid="ea9c2481-e18a-4b25-b1fd-9f032a07cc23" name="Plotter Cut Lines"><colorspaces><cs name="cutpath" fixedID="0" version="1500"><color cs="CMYK" tints="1,0,0,0"/></cs><cs name="CutContour" fixedID="1" version="1500"><color cs="CMYK" tints="0,1,0,0"/></cs><cs name="PerfCutContour" fixedID="2" version="1500"><color cs="CMYK" tints="0,0.6,1,0"/></cs></colorspaces><colors><page><color cs="cutpath" name="CutPath" tints="1"/><color cs="CutContour" name="CutContour" tints="1"/><color cs="PerfCutContour" name="PerfCutContour" tints="1"/></page></colors></palette>

Once you find it, you can load this one.
    It's simple and is for CutPath, CutContour, and for Perforating. :) 

Oh, lastly - if push comes to shove and you seriously can't find it.
    Simply remove CorelDraw and all user content from the PC and do a complete reinstall.

Children