FRAUDULENT SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT

Not sure if this is the right forum but I’m desperate.

I live in Australia and have been using CorelDRAW for some time now. Never know anyone using CorelDRAW here. Most production house does not accept CD files either. Adobe is the industry standards. I don’t think anyone else except myself uses CD. Here’s why:

I am desperately trying to get in touch with Cleverbridge, the payment gateway for CorelDRAW product purchases who is only interested in taking money from unsuspecting customers like myself through fraudulent means, and that’s exactly what has happened to me. I have by now submitted about 5 email through their portal but no response, not even an email acknowledgement to say that they have received my email. I have used the CoreDRAW Customer Support chat bots but again of no use. They are just bots who does not understand English and seems to simply copy and paste chat replies from a standard script. They are nothing but unprofessional, incompetent and does not understand or show empathy to my problem.

Here’s the problem:

My previous subscription was paid at AU$197.85 bearing Invoice No; AKD-73671439266.

This was auto renewed on 8/06/20 at AU$197.85 on Invoice No; AKD-73679461922, bearing Cleverbridge reference number: 225229626

In addition to the above subscription, a pop-up window kept coming up every time I launched CorelDRAW warning me with a countdown of the number of days left before my current subscription ends and requesting me to renew by making a payment of AU$549.00.

Shocked with the increased amount, I brought this to the attention of a women called Rakshana through chat: 2020-06-02 11:59 PM UTC, bearing ticket No; 6033455, who simply did not understand English other than copy and paste some form of script to the questions I kept asking about as to why my new subscription has increased from AU$197.85 to a whopping AU$549.00? She was very unprofessional, incompetent and did not understand or show empathy to my problem at all. Just bots. They should not be on the chat box.

Anyway, due urgent project deadlines, I was forced to make this payment of AU$499.09 (minus the GST) on invoice No; AKD-73679458343 dated 8/06/20 bearing Cleverbridge reference number: 226211853 – only to find out that this is for a new subscription.

I was not even able to download the bloody thing because of some sort of error.

Ever since I am desperately trying to get a full refund back but of no use. Can someone point me to the right direction as to how can I get in touch with these scammers.

• This issue has now been resolved. 

However;

We could have avoided the confusion, anxiety and undue stress if Cleverbridge had an autoresponder to my emails saying that they have received them and will get back to me - or something in those lines. 

Also, CorelDRAW should fix up their reminder pop up windows that keep popping up with incorrect reminders. I already had an ongoing annual subscription with an auto renewal set. Despite that I was getting a pop-up window warning me that my subscription was coming to an end and that I should renew it at an increased price.

Furthermore, CorelDRAW should train their chat customer support staff on how to respond to situations like this. What I came across was a bunch of unprofessional, incompetent people who sat on the other side, who did not understand English and did not show empathy to my problem. All they did was respond to my questions by simply copy and pasting replies from a script. If that’s the case, better fire them all and replace them with an Ai bot system, which I’m sure will do a better job.

Please pass this customer feedback to management. I will share this as a case study of how poor customer support can impact an organisation's reputation and ability to respond in crises situations on my social media posts and in-class tutorials at the university I teach.

• etA new credit card won't instantly stop recurring bill. Many merchants have an account updater function where the new cc's information is changed by the backs of the card issuing. Have you) have you reported your old credit card as stolen? B) reached out to these businesses and advised they that the card you used was compromised , so they could pay back with PayPal Recurring Payments or cancel your account? C)contacted your financial institution and asked them to dispute each of the modifications? This should resolve issues.