Can't Save .jpg in Corel Photo Paint

I have a fairly new Windows 10 laptop. I couldn't use my old version of the Corel Graphics Suite (X3), so I purchased the new Graphics Suite 2017 upgrade. It worked fine for a few days. Then all of a sudden, every time I tried to save a graphic as a .jpg, the program started crashing. I have tried doing a lot of research on this, and have seen claims that Windows .NET Frame 4.7 is the problem, but because of the the newness of this laptop, I cannot remove the 4.7 version to put on the 4.6 version that apparently worked. Today I applied a Corel update to my program, and the Photo Paint version is 19.1.0.419. I was hoping that would solve the problem, but it didn't. I can save an image as other things (.cpt, .bmp, etc), but I really need to be able to do .jpg. Does Corel have a solution for this? I really hate that I paid A LOT of money for a new version of this program that I can't even use. Please help.

Parents
  • I've had this same problem with multiple iterations of Corel Suites on various desktop PCs running different OS's over the decades. Corel PP works fine while using cpt files but crashes when using any form of JPG. I'm currently on Win-10 64-bit and I've twice reinstalled the entire Corel 2017 Suite and ensured I even avoided making changes to the workspace.  I've tried the F8 trick---didn't work. Tried altering the export settings but the export command window is blank to begin with.  So the same problem happens again and again.  Reinstalling isn't the solution.  I sent a bunch of OS logs and other data to a Corel Support Tech but they couldn't resolve the issue, either.  And they refuse to refund my purchase price.  Sad that this is such a common issue but Corel just refuses to resolve it or, at least, refund customer's money.

Reply Children