How do I control colors when using Contour?

Hi! I'm just starting with Contour, and I'm having difficulty with the results I'm getting.

In the drawing below, the object has a dark red for both fill and outline. I've applied a contour to it and experimented a good bit. Its fill and outline are both a light yellow. Inexplicably, to me, I have various shades of blue appearing in the contour object. I've also looked through my user manual from X4, and done online searches for decent explanations for what contour does and how it does it. I've come up dry.

No sources describe how colors are handled. And they really don't give a clear explanation of what's going on within a contour operation. Can anyone explain it, or can you refer me to a good online source that gives more than drive-by descriptions of buttons and handles?

Thanks!
~John

Parents
No Data
  • I found the solution to my problem (shout out to Steve Bain in CorelDRAW 11: The Official Guide).

I had inadvertently set the Contour Colors to either clockwise or counter-clockwise. Setting Contour Colors to Linear solved the problem. I have  more to learn about this effect, and Steve's coverage will help a lot. It's much better than anything I've found online.

Children
No Data