Details regarding the recent problems with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 and 2017

Dear CorelDRAW users,

Last weekend, Corel became aware of a problem preventing some users from launching their application. After thorough investigations by the team, we were able to provide a workaround late Sunday and rolled-out a permanent fix by Monday evening.

First and foremost, I want to sincerely apologize for the difficulty this issue caused our customers. On behalf of everyone on the CorelDRAW team, this is not the experience we want anyone to have with our software. While this problem only affected a very small portion of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 and 2017 users (0.38%), any number of users was definitely too many.

From our investigation, we determined the issue will only occur with specific configurations of Corel products installed on the system. We are reviewing our internal processes to make sure that our testing covers this possibility (plus others) in the future to prevent such problems from happening again. We have also provided any users that could possibly be affected with an automatic patch that fixes the issue.

Thank you very much to our community members who reported the issue and helped us get to the source of the problem. Your assistance was valuable as we worked to get this issue fixed quickly for everyone.

Gérard Métrailler
Vice President of Global Products
Corel Corporation

• Dear Gerard,

Thank you for posting this.

You might consider also posting this in the X8 forum, for the benefit of X8 users who might not be actively checking the 2017 forums.
  • I am glad to confirm my problem has been resolved
    Thank you all
  • Great response, a weekend problem with a temporary fix on Monday and a permanent fix Tuesday morning, well done. 

• Well I had a gas pored on me and lit on fire experience all seems to be well now. 2017 seems to be pretty stable after I restored my system and reinstalled and patched. I will give it some time but if I can work with this release I will go back out to the battle.