Problem With Corel Photo Editor - Cut Out Crashing

Hello

I am totally new to Corel (and any image editing software), and I am trying to cut out the background on an image (just as a test on this occasion). I have followed instructions from a youtube video, and all goes well with the outlining , the filling however when I click okay I get an error message saying "Corel PHOTO-PAINT 2017 (64bit) has stopped working" "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows willclose the program and notify you if a solution is available". There is then two buttons I can press "DEBUG" or "Close Program".

How can I fix this?

Derek

Parents
No Data
  • I had exactly the same problem. I know this question is 3 years old, but I'm visiting in January 2021. Every time I tried using cutout lab in PhotoPaint 2017, I could preview it just fine, but as soon as I hit "OK", the program would crash. I was very frustrated, as that particular feature is very useful (I do graphic design) and online free versions don't do as good a job...as they're automated, and you can't clean them up when necessary.

Anyway, I repaired my .net framework (I don't think that was the problem, but Microsoft has a free repair tool on their site called .net framework repair tool. It required me to reinstall .NET version 4.8. Again, I don't think that was the problem, but it certainly didn't hurt. I should've tested cutout lab after making that one fix, but I did the next step too, so I can't be sure which one fixed the problem.) The second step was I used CCleaner to repair my registry (which is what I believe fixed the problem!) In CCleaner from Piriform (it's free)...click "Registry", then scan your system. Check all boxes on the left to scan ALL registry errors, then click fix. It will ask you if you want to make a backup, and YES, ABSOLUTELY MAKE A BACKUP in case something changes in your registry that breaks something else.

After fixing the registry, I rebooted and my computer was wayyyyyyyyy faster!!! I thought "Oh well, it probably still won't work, but I'll try cutout lab again" just to see if anything changed. The first thing I noticed, is that Corel loaded much, much faster than it has in over two years...and <drumroll>......

It works perfectly!!!!! Lightning fast, and no errors whatsoever!

I feel like such an idiot for not having tried this solution earlier. Instead, I did what everyone's probably doing...searching forum after forum, although there aren't a TON of viable solutions, and when you read about Corel's horrible tech support, I didn't feel like burdening myself with THAT whole process.

So, for anyone still searching the internet for solutions with Corel PhotoPaint crashing whenever trying to use cutout lab, I hope this works for you too!!! It took all of five minutes, and I'm totally back up and running, faster than ever!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Good luck!

Dave

Children