Ripped off by Cleverbridge

March 2018 I want to upgrade from Old Edition of Corel.  I have versions 6 8 12, some X versions.  Point is I have been using Corel over 20 years.

I see an ad from Cleverbridge saying they are authorized retailer.  I cal talk to sales rep, I asked what's the latest great Corel?  2017 says she.  (LIE 2018 was the latest.)  Sure, sign me up say I.

$203 later and I am the proud owner of Corel Graphics 2017 (sold to be as the latest currrent edition) LIE!

I initially could not even get the program to install.  After several Window Updates, I was finally able to get the program to work.  That was like in June, after numerous calls to tech support.  While friendly, they offered no help.  I advised them this was ridiculous as this was not the latest version which is what I was looking for.

So, a week ago, Corel, all programs, quit loading.  It comes up with the Initializing user interface screen then goes to Can not be Displayed.

I have repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled.  I have paid $290 to have service techs completely clean my machine  registry, update drivers, get rid of junk, correct every possible issue.  Corel 2017, still does not work.

$203 for a Corel program misrepresented as the most current version, that worked for 3 months.  I have been on the phone endlessly with Corel Support.  They are very friendly, just totally clueless as to how to correct this problem.  Update your drivers, do this, send us this log, download and run WINAUDIT and send us the log file.  NOTHING!

NOW, to add insult to injury, just out of curiosity, I downloaded the COREL DRAW 2018 TRIAL VERSION from the Corel site.  Obviously if there is something wrong with my computer, COREL DRAW 2018 should not work either, correct?

Corel Draw 2018 Works fine.  2018, the version I should have been sold in the first place as an upgrade to one of the the previous version I had already installed.

Not one person at Corel seems to care that I was ripped off to the tune of $203 by selling me a version that was not the current version, and that this version I was sold, 2017 has been funky acting since the beginning of the installation and now, for no apparent reason it decides it does not want to work and COREL support does not know how to correct the issue.

IS this the way Corel does business now?

Dr. Greg Lousignont
Las Vegas, Nevada