Based on feedback from quite a few other Coreldraw users I believe I've confirmed the existence of a DXF export bug in v2017 (as well as X7 and X8).
This bug only seems to happen with DXF export and disabling layers. The object on the layer which has export disabled, still exports.
Is it possible to get around this problem with a VBA macro ?
There is certainly some way to do that with a VBA macro. Some approaches are uglier than others.
How one might go about that will have a lot to do with how the document is structured.
I'll start off with the assumption that you want to exclude some content "by layer" - because that's what you were previously using layer printability for to control what is exported.
For the content that you DO want to export:
I may temporarily lock objects or a layer so I don't accidentally change them while working on nearby objects.
Also I do sometimes turn off layer visibility when I have a lot on a page.
If it makes things simple, for exporting I can simply unlock everything, and make everything visible before exporting.
How does that suit things ?
beefy said:If it makes things simple, for exporting I can simply unlock everything, and make everything visible before exporting.
If it's practical to do that, then you might be able to do what you want even without a macro.
Instead of making layers non-printable to exclude them from export, you could either lock them or make them non-visible. Then, use "select all" to select everything else, and export to DXF using the "Selected only" option.
I would like to say a very big thank you for your help.
That suggestion worked perfect and I'm very happy with doing it that way. That's a lot easier and quicker than opening the file in another program just so that I can deal with the layers there.
I took a quick sneak view at your last reply while I was on the work computer today, and was dying to get home to try what you said.
Thanks again, you've made me very happy.
I'm glad to know that gets you going!
I asked about document structure because that could be an impractical approach if you used a lot of locked layers, individually locked objects, or hidden-but-printable layers (which aren't accessible using "select all").
If that turns out to be the case for you some day, then just let me know, and we can look at some VBA macro options.
I'm still curious to see how your interactions with Corel support play out. It would be nice to see this fixed.