Possible to automate CorelDRAW to PhotoPAINT and back?

I've avoided using PhotoPAINT for nearly thirty years and am entirely unfamiliar with it, but I now have a situation where it is the perfect tool for the job.

Here's the situation:

- In CorelDRAW I've placed an image of a garment on a white background.

- I will then select the image and Edit Bitmap which will open the image in PhotoPAINT.

- Next, use Magic Wand Mask and select the white background.

- Go to Mask and Invert.

- Next, Copy and Paste, then delete the original layer.

- Now we'll Save which brings the image back into CorelDRAW with the overall bitmap now trimmed to the size of the garment in the photo.

- This is then resized to approximately full size so that a logo can be properly sized.

Question: Is it possible to record a macro that will do this process?

Parents
  • I don't know that I understand exactly what you are starting with, and exactly what result you are trying to achieve, so please bear with me if any of my questions seem silly.

Is it the case that you are starting with a picture of a garment - photographed on a white background - and you want to perform "background removal" on that image so that the background becomes transparent?

Reply Children
  • The end result is that the garment is essentially in a clipping shape that matches the outline of the garment as opposed to simply making the white background transparent. The way I understand it, they do this in order to enlarge the "clipped" image to approximate actual size.

OK, think I get it. What they would get in CorelDRAW would still be a bitmap where the background had been made transparent, but that would also have had any "excess" background clipped off on the top, bottom, left, and right sides.

I can view those as two separate goals:

• Make the background transparent (because the end result somewhere down the line is going to be placed on top of something other than a white background).
    • Scale the bitmap so that some feature in the image has the correct "real world" dimensions in CorelDRAW.

The second one - scaling an object based on some known real world dimension - can be accomplished very easily using my Match Vectors macro.

If you would like to see a short demo video, then it would be great if you could share a representative image, along with a real world size for some feature in the image (e.g., "from Point A to Point B would be 45 cm in the real world"). It does not need to be a horizontal or vertical measurement; could just as well be described by a diagonal line.