My paint tool instead of showing the shape and size now has a weird brush drawing

I don't know how I could change the paint tool displaying mode but now I couldn't find out to change it back and the brush where I see only where the stroke is pointed is so horrid ...

any solution on how to change it back would be really appreciated. I've already spent some hours trying to figure out where's that option.

Many thanks.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Baux,

2 things to try and in this order:

1. click on Tools>Options>General. You should see an item near the top right: Cursor Type. If it says Tool, tick the box which says "Shape cursor for brush tools". If it is already ticked, try unticking it. It is meant to be ticked to get the cursor which shows the shape and size of the brush you are using, but sometimes it gets messed up and unticking the box makes it work. You could also try changing Tool to Shape in the drop down if this is not fixing your issue.
    2. If step 1 fails then you will need to reset your workspace by holding down the F8 key when you restart Photo-Paint. Accept the warning that your workspace will be reset to factory settings and note you will have to re-enter all of you customisations (ruler settings, units, etc.) and import any saved workspace or rebuild it if you use custom toolbars, etc.

Best regards,
    Brian.

Children