How Can I Get Rid of the Annoying Marketing Splash Screen on Startup

Hi Everyone,

I have recently reinstalled Corel Draw X4, following construction of a new PC. (Fully activated, patched, registered, updated, and everything else too.)

I am running Win7 Home Prem 64bit. (Also fully legit, patched and everything.)

Now, periodically, when I start Photo-paint, a splash-screen appears, encouraging me to lash out more money on Corel products.

I contacted Corel but, as this product is no longer supported, they declined to help, although they did point me in the direction of a file <CUH_opt_out_V1.reg> which is/was meant to get rid of this annoyance by adding something to, or modifying, the Registry.

It did appear to work, for a while, but has (last 72 hours) since returned.

I have made NO alterations to my machine, I have added NO software -- it has simply happened.

Could someone please put me out my misery and tell me how to get rid of this unwanted and undesirable advertising invasion --- once and for all? (It is probably the most successful advertisement ever -- in making people purchase Adobe products.)

Thank you,

Ian

Parents
  • 1. Press "Win-R" to open the Run window.

2. Type "netplwiz" without quotes and press "Enter" to open the User Accounts window.

3. Click the username you wish to use when starting your computer.

4. Uncheck "Users Must Enter a User Name and Password to Use This Computer" and press "OK."

5. Enter your password in the two password fields and click "OK." From now on, the system will automatically boot into that account at startup and bypass the welcome screen.
Reply Children
No Data