Screen Printing

I need information about using x4  to design for screen printing. I can do the basic design work but need help with working with tones and blending colors. Are there any training tortuls for this. Thanks for any help

Parents
No Data
  • I don't know of any tutorials. I'm not sure if there is a need for one since, for low end designs, what you see on your monitor is what Corel Draw will separate into 'plates' of all the colors you've used. You can see these Separations via the Print dialog under the Separations tab. If the design has only solid colors, the Separations can be printed to film right from Corel Draw. If it contains any raster objects or tones of color then it will need to be translated into varied sizes of dots of ink on the film by a RIP (Raster Image Processor).

The 'work for tones and blending' has already been done by Corel Draw. For low end designs there are few adjustments that are needed to ensure that what is screen printed looks close to what you see on the monitor. The major adjustment is in compensating for Dot Gain. Ink, being forced through the small 'dot' openings of the screen, will spead out somewhat. Depending on the pressure used and some other much less impacting factors, that 40% tone you see on the monitor may end up to look like a 60% tone when screen printed. Adjusting Separations for high end designs is a talent acquired with knowledge and much experience.

For friendly, abundant screen printing help I suggest this site http://boards.screenprintersopen.com/

- Scotty

Children