How to contract expanded objects?

For some reason all objects (that are groups) exapnded in the object manager. I have hundreds of them and I need to contract them all without having to click in the minus sign on each and every one of them in the Object Manager. I figure if they got expanded automatically I must have clicked on something and then there must also be a command or something to contract them all.

I now restarted the program and the problem was resolved, but it might be useful to know if there is a command to expand/contract all objects.

• How to expand all items in the Object Manager list.

I appreciate that this is a LONG time after the OP, but I'm posting it in case it helps someone else.

I'm an engraver using CorelDraw X7 for our artwork.  It's rarely complex and usually just black & white, but sometimes a logo or crest may have a large number of elements that are grouped together, so a drawing file may potentially have several hundred items in various groups.

To avoid font issues when sending the file to a sub-contractor, I convert text to curves but always check it before sending.  To do that, I attach the file to an email and then open *that* version.  Once open, I then expand the layer/s in Object Manager until I can see everything and visually check that "text" is absent from the list.  I also use the Find Text tool.

To get to that fully expanded stage I needed a shortcut but couldn't find one listed anywhere, even in the list exportable from within the programme - the only thing available was a macro which I didn't fancy getting involved with.

Anyway, I played around with various key combinations and eventually found that, if you have the layer selected in the Object Manager,  ALT * (star) will fully expand it and ALT - (minus) will close it back down.   I use the Numpad for both - don't know if it works with those keys in the normal part of the board.  For clarity, hold down the Alt key and then hit * or - as required.

I'm assuming that if it works here, it should work for anyone else.

Hope that helps.

• I knew that in the 9 years since the publication of the topic, someone will definitely find a solution  (: