Importing psd or JPEG in Corel

Hello Guys!!!

My job involves frequently importing Photoshop edited Model Images into Corel.

My question is while importing which format is better .psd or .JPEG?

Also I want to keep the file size as least as possible (with 300 dpi image ofcourse) 

I have noted that if I import .psd format image the Corel file becomes larger in size but when I save it in .pdf the file size reduces

Alternatively if i import .jpeg format image the Corel file becomes smaller in size but when I save it in .pdf the file size increases (Strange!!!)

Why is it so??? Also wanna know which of the two format is better if I have to send Print Magazine Ads to the agency??

Thanks 

Ruth.

Parents
No Data
  • rubi47 said:
    My question is while importing which format is better .psd or .JPEG?

I would try uncompressed TIF or TIF with LZW (lossless). Reason - supports all bit depths for color models, and an 8-bit alpha channel.
    rubi47 said:
    I have noted that if I import PSD format image the Corel file becomes larger in size but when I save it in PDF the file size is reduced
    This sentence is all over the place.. like saying "I can't mow my lawn because the Norwegians haven't convinced elephants to climb mountains".

OK, first step: understand that there's 2 types of compression: lossless and lossy .

1. Lossy: destructive - to various degrees.
    2. Lossless: pixels are unharmed.

When you bring a bitmap into coreldraw, if it's not a linked image (almost no-one uses linked feature), your tif, psd, jpeg, gif, etc are converted to CorelDRAW's internal lossless format. When that image is saved inside the Master CDR, it's similar to ZIP compression.

When exported from your master CorelDRAW file as PDF later, your PDF can be tiny... or huge. You decide the quality of the PDF. In the PDF engine, your choices for bitmap handling include:

1. Compression Method
    2. Resolution
    3. Color Model

Children