Change "font shortcut" to a new directory all at once

Hi everyone,

Over the years, we have installed fonts using shortcuts to fonts that are located on network drive and random people have ended up using shortcuts to a different drive/folder so our font folder/registry entries have font shortcuts pointing to various folders on the network instead of all pointing to one single network folder.

Here's some examples of font shortcuts seen in the registry

\\GPO-SERVER01\Shared\artwork\fonts\AdobeArabic-Bold.otf

\\WSERVER\Shared\art_fonts\AdobeFanHeitiStd-Bold.otf

\\GPO-SERVER01\Shared\art_fonts\crazy-custom-Bold.ttf

What I am wanting to do is possibly through a registry edit program of some sort change all of the registry entries for font shortcuts to all point to the same directory such as

\\GPO-SERVER01\Shared\artwork\NetworkFonts\

My initial thought was doing this through Bitstream Font Navigator but I am afraid that I might mess something up...would some sort of registry edit tool be best for this or should I use Font Navigator for this? I will be copying fonts from the other random directories all into a new central NetworkFonts folder so that when the new path to this folder is established, it will still find all of the currently "font shortcut installed" fonts and keep them usable.

I do not want to lose any of the current font's we have on working on the system and am unsure as to the best option to do this.

Btw, I am working on a Windows 7 Professional station.

Thanks!

• Hello Jason Moore: If you take all of your fonts and place them in there on dir. You would always be able to find them, and they would be able to be found by anyone. X4 is a very good ver. of CorelDRAW but X8 and 2017 have Corel Font Manager which I think is worth the cost of the program by it self.

George