Exporting Ai

Hey guys,

I have to create quite simple vector art to export as a version 8 Ai to be imported into Enroute (www.enroute3.com) and then used to cut vinyl etc.

My problem is the ai's out of CDX4 don't import properly... if I open them with Illo and save them as a version 8 from there they work OK.

Has anybody had any experience with this and if so a solution would be great.  BTW I only have Illo on my machine to do exactly as I have described above, basically an expensive conversion utility :(

PDF files out of Draw don't work either

TIA

Chris

Parents
No Data
  • Chris

Like David, I have no experience from Enroute either. From what can be read on their site, it seems to be a sophisticated piece of software. 'The number 1 CNC software in the sign industry' and 'the most powerful tools in the industry' sound promising. They also claim that version 4 is their biggest upgrade ever and that it's Vista compatible.
    Hearing all this, I wonder; is AI8 really the best way to get stuff into Enroute? I mean the AI8 format must be 10 years old at least, and I don't think anyone is really using it any more.
    If there are no alternatives, have you tried all the different export options for AI?
    Draw is known to have all kind of filters, not all of them perfect but most of them acceptable, and the AI filters should be among the most reliable I think.

Children