Converting an Image into a Jpeg

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am new to CorelDraw X4 and I was hoping to gain some advice on how to convert an image i created into a Jpeg. You see, I obtained CorelDraw X4 with the intention of creating a label for my company and then trademarking said label. Unfortunately the US trademark office requires a jpeg image, and I have no idea how to convert my label. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt_Jay50

Parents
No Data
  •  Just to add to what Paul said, since you've not done this before...

When you go to export to JPG, Select all the objects you want to export first, then go to File/Export and you'll get a dialog that looks a lot like a Save file dialog.  Choose JPG from the Save as type: drop down menu. It's there somewhere, not necessarily in alphabetical order!

Below that, be sure to check the Selected only box if you don't want to export the entire page your drawing is sitting on. Give the file a name if you want it different from the original, then click the Export button. When you get the Convert to Bitmap screen, make sure the color mode is set to RGB (24-bit), then set the size and resolution you want. Make sure the Maintain aspect ratio box is checked if you change the size!

When you OK out of that box, you'll get a preview screen for your new JPG. Be sure to click the Preview button to see what's going on. Keep the Sub format set at standard and leave the Progressive and Optimize boxes unchecked for this particular use. The tiny little box in the upper right corner of this dialog lets you toggle back and forth between a single preview of the result and a double paned preview with your original on the left and your new file results on the right. You can move around in this box to see other parts of your image by dragging around in the left box.

Depending on your image, you may be able to get away with as much as 20-30 in the compression box. Sometimes 10 may be as high as you can go without loosing critical quality. For trademarking purposes, they just need to be able to recognize the logo. They don't need it as perfectly clean and clear as you would put on an actual product. (Remember that they used to take faxes for this sort of thing!)

When you OK out of that final dialog, your new JPG file will be saved into the folder you had open when you were in the first Export dialog.

Have fun!

Val P. 

Children
No Data