LOOKING FOR A CHEATSHEET ON BASICS FOR EMBROIDERY DIGITIZING

I need to get started on very basic digitizing for a pro embroidery machine. I've paged through the 15# CorelDraw manual and Wilcom Deco Studio manual for digitizing , watched some of the videos, and they are overwhelming and don't address a simple start with room to grow in knowledge and capability.

What I am looking for is what I have created for everything from my own T-shirt stores; a deli; and a whale watching company with two vessels, crew procedures, engine room procedures; to a full water ops manual for a tugboat company, so I am not a dimwit, even though I feel like one now stumbling through too much to glean the barest of bones to get started. I already plan to use pro digitizers for complex designs, but know I can grasp the basics for simple designs quickly once I figure out the steps. 

Does anyone know of or maybe created a sheet that reads something like this with detail as needed?

1. Import image to CorelDraw (I am working on a tif)

2. Use pick tool to select item

3. Go to Arrange>Convert to Curves

This is where I hit a roadblock. Convert to Curves isn't highlighted so I am missing something on how to select item. I tried select all but it didn't work either. I know this is ground zero basic, but I'm missing it. Any help appreciated.

Parents
No Data
  • The tiff , needs to be converted to curves.... Hmmm... if the tif is imported into CorelDraw and you need to change it to vector , you could use trace, trace bitmap. that will change it to vector and you can smooth it out and eliminate colors. We use designshop pro, it allows you to convert to vector and sew.

NUTTZ

Children