MACRO help! How to find widest distance ACROSS various objects?

Since I'm not proficient in writing VBA code, I may use the wrong terminology to describe what I need to accomplish. However, I put together graphic to help with a visual representation. After searching like mad for days on every Corel-related macro site, youtube videos and forums to find a solution to this, I'm at a dead-end.

Here's the basic summary:

I have a ton of vector objects (one object per page) of varying shapes and sizes that all need to have an exact uniform maximum width. That is to say that the maximum size of each object must match other, even with wildly different shapes. A very basic example is a 1" square compared to a 1" circle. Both are initially 1" wide and tall, however when rotated 45 degrees, the maximum width of the square is now 1.4142", while the circle remains the same regardless of rotation. So now that the square has been rotated to its widest point, it can be scaled to 1" wide to match that of the circle. When the square is then rotated back 45 degrees to it's original starting point, it is now only 0.7071" tall and wide. But that is exactly perfect, because there is no part of that square that is greater than 1" across no matter how it is positioned. That's an oversimplified example, but the shapes and sizes that need to be worked through on this project are not that simple. Each object is totally different from each other in size and shape.

(This may be where the graphic below will be helpful to illustrate.)

To be clear, there is no need for the length of the total path of an object (I've seen a few macros for that), but instead the longest distance across it. Once that is achieved, each object can then be set to a uniform size horizontally (maintaining proportions), which will result in the same maximum width for all. I feel like there's a very well known mathematical equation that should be slapping my face, but nothing is jarring my memory.

Hope that all made sense. I will gladly be made to feel a fool if the solution is super easy, but I'm burned out!  Thanks for considering this puzzle!

GFXCA