PhotoPaint X5 is the WORST !!!!!

Wow...I've been a user of CorelDraw since version 2.  Never in my life have I had so many problems with PhotoPaint until version X5.  Simply put...This program SUCKS!!!!  It crashes constantly.  Corel...if you're listening...FIX YOUR PROGRAM.    I cannot believe you actually released this product on the market.  If I could request a full refund I would.  This is unacceptable. 

I'm running a Dell Studio XPS 8100

Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 7 64-bit

I certainly can't blame my computer for this one.  There's no warning.  I can be doing something as simple as flipping a graphic layer.  The program just goes away.  No saving of work.  Nothing.  At least in older programs there was a warning so you could at least save your work.

I purchased this computer because Windows 7 is suppose to be a more stable OS.  I beefed-up my RAM so I would never have any issues.  All my other software works great.  I should have just bit the bullet and purchased the Adobe Suite. 

I have been a dedicated user since version 2.  I'm not asking for much.  Just a working program.  Get with it Corel.  I've been an supporter for more than 15 years.  FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parents
  • I honestly feel with you all and do believe you are experiencing all this. At the same time I am using a windows 7 PRO 64 bit computer as well. And Photo-Paint X5, and I am not having the sanme problems. FOr example flipping an object horizontally I do daily and havent had any issue.

That said, its important to know the exact workflow. To know if its Win 7 PRO 64 bit or the Home 64 bit. I dont know if that makes a difference, but its still important to know if there are any differences among those who have problems and those who dont.

We help both Corel as well as our selves

Reply Children