Scaling Factor ???

Hello,

I need to figure out how I can change the scaling factor in X5 to act as it did in Corel Draw 9.

When I change any objects scale with "scale factor", be it locked or unlocked proportions, whatever the scale factor I change it to "sticks" with the object unless I convert it to curves or copy paste it into a new doc.

IE; Object is 100% when Drawn. I scale it to 50% and is half its size now. But I want the scale tool to read 100% even though the object is now half of its original size.

I just want the object scale factor to return to 100% after I apply the percentage to any object.

How can this be achieved?
Thanks,
Mark Yes

Parents
No Data
  • Mark said:
    I want the scale tool to read 100% even though the object is now half of its original size.

If you want to be able to scale using 100% as a reference all the time, there are other ways to achieve this.
    Use the Transformation docker instead, or create and select a temporary object together with the one you need to scale, for example.
    Or use arithmetics in the Property Bar box: If you want to scale an object to 80% of its current size, and the box already says 50% (as in your example), just type *0.8 after 50% in the box and hit Enter.

Hope this helps, because there is no way to change it back to the old behavior.

Children