CorelDraw X5 Education Edition vs. Standard Edition

I am trying to see if there is a difference, and if so what, between the Education Edition and the Standard Editions of CorelDraw X5.  I am a student, and would love to get this for the $99 price of the Education edition, but I do not want to lose any features of the standard edition.

Can someone help me out?  I would contact Corel, but their business hours are super weak.

I am wondering the same on the Education/Reg editions of Visual Studio Pro, if anyone knows that, as well.

Thanks!

• Hello billboardfamily;You may want to look at some of the past post on the forum. You may want to look on eBay also ( But I would watch out for buying something with out a box and books).

My Thoughts George

• The academic versions typically offer no support (some would say that is true of all versions Smile emoticon ), there are no printed manuals, you can NOT use it for commercial purposes and you are not eligible for upgrades. Those are the technicalities. Sometimes (not sure about X5) things like VBA are not included. It is possible that other goodies like Swish miniMax2 and Photozoom Pro 2 are eliminated to save on licensing costs.

• billboardfamily said:

I am trying to see if there is a difference, and if so what, between the Education Edition and the Standard Editions of CorelDraw X5.  I am a student, and would love to get this for the $99 price of the Education edition, but I do not want to lose any features of the standard edition.

Can someone help me out?  I would contact Corel, but their business hours are super weak.

I am wondering the same on the Education/Reg editions of Visual Studio Pro, if anyone knows that, as well.

Thanks!

Hi.

I would not recommend the Student Edition to anyone If you become serious about this type of work then you'll eventually have to buy the real deal. So you would be buying twice.

Every post on this forum regarding the student edition has disappointed or unhappy people.

-John

• Microsoft offers the Microsoft AZ-204 Exam Objectives to anyone who want to show their expertise in creating solutions for Microsoft Azure. Developers with experience creating Azure solutions using several programming languages, including C#, JavaScript, Python, and others, should take this test. Candidates must have a thorough understanding of Azure services, architecture, and development tools in order to pass the AZ-204 test.