BarCode Maker has an issue?

Hi ~ I am new to the CorelDRAW Forums but NOT new to Corel. I have been using CorelDRAW for 15 years or more and I really enjoy it most days. I have upgraded to the X5 suite and I have found an issue with the bar code maker insert tool. I make lots of packaging designs and I have used the bar code tool in Corel almost daily but I found that the tool is not work properly with the new software. I can not change the human readable font now, all I get are '[]' in place of digits. The software shows the drop down font selection function but is grayed out and not working. Is there a problem with my instillation or is it a BUG?

Parents
  • Hi Wendell,

I don't use the Barcode generator feature, but I just tested it on my system and it seems to be working fine in X5. I get the font drop-down list and I am able to change fonts and see the changes reflected in the preview of the barcode. Sounds like something is amiss with your installation. Maybe others who use this feature will chime in with some possibilities regarding your issue.

Do you have SP2 installed? If you go into Help>About CorelDraw you will see the version number and it should end in .661 if you have the up-to-date service pack.

Best regards,
    Brian.

Reply Children