Copy and Paste suddenly S-L-O-W

Hi,

Sometime during the past month or two, the speed of cutting and pasting, as well as saving a drawing in CorelDraw X5 has drastically slowed down.  Can anyone help?  Could it be a Windows issue and not a Corel issue?  I have plenty of RAM and I've defragged.  Is there something else I should look at?

I'm familiar with the F8 default settings fix, but I hate to do it because it takes so long to get the settings back where I like them.  I use Corel every day for work, and it is like the inside of my brain - don't want to mess with it!  ;-)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Julie

• Most copy and paste functions work fine in CorelDRAW for me. However, some copy and paste operations with text-based objects can be painfully slow. I'll be filling out spec sheets I attach to a sign manufacturing shop drawing and have to paste "N/A" into several paragraph text fields on certain items. Pasting that "N/A" thing can take a couple or more seconds to fill in after pressing Ctrl+V. Windows' please wait spinning beach ball just rolls and rolls.