I have just updated to Windows 10. Everything appears to be fine with CorelDraw except that the menu bar (File/Edit/View etc) has disappeared.
Everything is still there, but the text is the same colour as the background, so it only appears when the cursor is over it and it gets a blue background for the item.
This makes using the program very awkward.
Can anything be done?
The best solution for this is to create a new Command bar!
Follow these steps
1. Open a Blank File
2. Go to Tools>Customization
Then find Command Bars (it should be on under Customization)
3. Create a New Command Bar by Clicking New..name it anything
This bar will appear on your CD window
4. Go to Commands (Below Customization)
5. Look for File and drag it into the new command bar..do the same for Edit and so on...(works for all except Bitmaps)
6. Drag this new Command bar to where Menu bar was disable menu bar visibility...
7. Save workspace for future use..
This is not a permanent fix...but works...
Attached is a pic of my new menu bar...
hope this works for you...
To Adishpatil: Wow! Thanks for this clever method to create a new visible menu bar. I did find that when I got a bar established with one item, I could just drag or copy the remaining items from the old menu bar (these items being visible when you put the cursor over them) down to the new command bar. This saves some time and effort. Saved the thing as a new workspace and indicated it as the default. Now when I open CDX5 it works just like it did before under W7. Doing the same for Photopaint and Designer. I do wonder why Corel has not, evidently, published a patch for this problem of disappearing menu bar under W10