compatable laptop? Asus g51vx-rx05

Hello, 

I am new to corel draw and have recently purchased  premium suite x5.  I am planning on purchasing a seperate laptop for Corel Draw.  I have an Asus g51vx-rx05 (as stated in subject line) in mind and was wondering if anyone had any input as to whether this would be a sufficient laptop.  I will be running a  system mechanic and installing clip art.  The laptop is vista, which I had already planned on upgrading to 7 unless Vista is good enough.  Also,  is it possible to install Corel Draw on an external hard drive, in case laptop dies.  

• That laptop has enough power for the CGS suite. Its display does meet the (near minimum) requirements and the hardware looks good.

The O/S is OK, however, I would upgrade to Win 7, as it is much more stable than Vista, and there are more drivers available for Win 7 than there are for Vista.

You can install the CGS suite in an external drive, but if you place that drive on another machine, it won't run. Some dll's are not installed in the Program Files subdirectory and the CGS installation does create several registry keys and data, on the machine.

However, there is good news, if you carefully read the EULA, you will find that you are allowed to install the CGS suite on more than one machine, with the caveat that you can run only one copy at any one time. (See Corel's main web site and search for the license info, there.)

If you end up running the CGS on the laptop at one place, often (such as your desk in your office, etc.) you may want to consider a higher resolution monitor which can be attached to the laptop, as you will find that your screen is small and you can tire your eyes, pretty fast.