Is there a way to import / open SVG files in Corel X5?

Greetings Forum,

I've got an SVG file, it was generated by a program which generates such things, its completely valid according to the W3C validator. If I try to open it or import it into Corel X5, X5 crashes. I send off a WER to Corel hopefully (it says it sends it but one never knows for sure.) 

My system Win XP (32 bit, SP3), 3.5GB of RAM, 500+GB free hard drive space

Corel X5 - I am pretty sure it has SP2 applied it calls it self 10.2.0.661 in the About menu.

Its annoying that it can't read this file, the documentation claims svg support.

--Chuck

Parents
No Data
  • Good question. I'm having the same problem you are. I've tried open and import, and both close CorelDraw without warning.

I've also tried opening the files in Inkscape, and they're fine there. Exporting to another format converts a lot of stuff to bitmap, however, and makes the files a mess to edit in CorelDraw. In some cases I've been forced to completely redraw the file, not fun and totally inefficient.

Here's an example file: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=29699 It's nothing special, but it was the last one I wrestled with.

Children