CorelDRAW X5 - NOT ABLE TO EDIT IMAGES OPTION GRAYED OUT!

I am a long time user of CorelDRAW but have been moving more and more to Adobe CS. In part because it is the standard in the graphic design industry but also because Corel always seems to have some issue. My latest issue is when I select an imported image in a CorelDraw file and go to the top menu, I can't select edit bitmap. The option is grayed out. It's a new install on winxp-pro. I've used this tool over many years and questioned why Adobe could not launch photoshop and edit embedded images from within Illustrator. It still can't, but it can edit linked files, a danger if you only want to apply changes to the image in your current work file. Corel's ability to edit embedded images is a great feature. Why it does not work has got me stumped. jpg files are associated with Photo-Paint, I close and reopen Corel and still no capability to edit images from within CorelDraw. I googled the issue and find lots of folks have the same issue (no solutions) but can't find anything on it on the Corel websitte. Corel should be more proactive, monitor these post and address issues. I did install the latest update. But that did nothing to fix the issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks

DAC

Parents Reply Children
No Data