Links and Bookmarks Glitch

I am using CorelDraw X5 to create a PDF that uses bookmarks and links to navigate.

Is the bookmarks and links funtion of CorelDraw just unusable or is it just me??

Problem 1: I spent ages creating a range of bookmarks all over the document and then when I save and reopen, all the book marks are gone. This I found can be solved by closing and reopening the file. However it seems stupid to have to open the file twice every time...

Problem 2: --The worst problem -- I carefully create all the links to my bookmarks, save the file, then publish the pdf. I find the resulting PDF has its links all jumbled up and not going to the right places! I check my CorelDraw file (twice) and somehow the links have all messed themselves up and are now pointing the wrong bookmarks!

Help! I don't want to go fixing all my links just to have them get jumbled again...

Parents
  • We use bookmark links daily. We experience the glitch  (scramble, jumble, fubar...) at least 50 percent of the time we use the file with bookmarks. On our documents with 5-10 pages, it doesn't take too long to fix the scramble. But our 100+pagers it is a nightmare. I am an Adobe convert, but Indesign is not in the cards for us either.

Corel tech support was quick and vigilant to try to help us with solutions like deleting temp files and opening one corel file at a time. But, it still happens about the same percentage of times we use - which we use daily (sounds of brain melting here).

That said, what seems to decrease our scrambles is if we "save as" to pdf instead of using Corel's other pdf export options. So, give that a try. Sometimes we can go 2-3 days with no scramble - only to completely implode (new word for the day) and we get the scrambles again for days.

Anyone have better solutions for this problem? We use X5 on our machines, but also ugraded one machine to X8 and same problem exists :/

-Brian

Reply Children