Undo shortcut Ctrl+Z not working

Got a dreaded "exception" while working on an image, the result being that I cannot now use Ctrl+Z to Undo.

Looking at the Shortcut Keys dialogue (below) it says Ctrl+Z has conflicts.

However, when viewing the shortcut (below) I see Ctrl+Z is defined to just one - Undo.

I checked the Undo list (below) to see if the commands are being recorded - and they are, and they work.

Also, the blue Undo/Redo arrows are greyed out and don't work.

I deleted the Ctrl+Z shortcut from Undo and re-applied to no effect.

I applied all my Workspace backups to find they now have the same problem! However, on selecting the default workspace - all is well.

My workspace is highly customised and I really won't relish having to recreate it from scratch. I'm ideally looking for a fix from a techie or experienced PP 'wrangler' - but any help would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Hello, Aliisa:

I have been working with corel draw (got trained with versions 3, and 4, back in the 1990's at graphic design school, and for the last 15 years, owned version 8) and I have never come across a shift command NOT working on any Corel Draw product I have owned, actually.  Do you have technical support with your version, might be a good idea to call corel draw or text them, to see what they think ? 

Also, have you considered reinstalling corel draw from scratch and save your old files in a seperate folder.

Also, your current keyboard might be wearing out ? Try to swap out the current keyboard with a new one.

R.J. Smith

Manager

Westbank Community Radio Society

Reply Children