PROBLEMS WITH AQUIRING IMAGES FROM A SCANNER AND PRINTING TEXT

Hi I have recently purchased and installed Corel's new graphic suite x6. I have a couple of issues with the program. The first one is I cannot aquire images from my scanner. I have used it with the x4 program with no problems. When I go into corel x6 to aquire the option to select a source and aquire from the fly out tab are not accessable.Sad Not sure why this is  not allowing me to access this since I know the scanner is compatible with my 64 but pc and I have the 64bit x6 installed. Also if I am making a logo which has just text and I save it I can save and open the logo and also preview it in the open window. However when I go to print the text that I opened there is nothing on my printer preview screen and it will not print.Huh? I checked the layers on my manager box  to see if they are all visible and they are but still nothing when I try to pirnt the logo. If anyone can help me with either of these issues it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and have a great dayBig Smile