PROBLEMS WITH AQUIRING IMAGES FROM A SCANNER AND PRINTING TEXT

Hi I have recently purchased and installed Corel's new graphic suite x6. I have a couple of issues with the program. The first one is I cannot aquire images from my scanner. I have used it with the x4 program with no problems. When I go into corel x6 to aquire the option to select a source and aquire from the fly out tab are not accessable.Sad Not sure why this is  not allowing me to access this since I know the scanner is compatible with my 64 but pc and I have the 64bit x6 installed. Also if I am making a logo which has just text and I save it I can save and open the logo and also preview it in the open window. However when I go to print the text that I opened there is nothing on my printer preview screen and it will not print.Huh? I checked the layers on my manager box  to see if they are all visible and they are but still nothing when I try to pirnt the logo. If anyone can help me with either of these issues it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and have a great dayBig Smile  

Parents
No Data
  • Hello,

Issue with scanning is that with Drivers for 64 bit scanners are not always true 64 bit. 

Its been said on this forum before that

1)

Corel know about the issue of Manufacturers such as Epson, HP and Canon etcetera havent supplied true 64 bit drivers for their scanner. Canon say the do but many times they simply dont.

2)

Corel is with the first service pack going to solve this by fixing the 64 bit WIA for scanners.

Until this comes from Corel you can use a macro/user control from Softbotz who created a solution that works during this transition period.

READ THIS PREVIOUS POST  > http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/t/32038.aspx

Children