Print spooling really slow

I'm getting really frustrated with X6 - again.

Files that used to print almost instantly with X5, X3 and earlier versions of DRAW now take anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes before my large format Epson inkjet begins printing. I can see my hard drive is working really hard to spool documents from X6 and it slows down any other programs I try to use while waiting for a job to print. Anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue? It's really messing up my workflow. I suppose I could just go back to using X5 - But then: What the heck was the point in upgrading?

Parents
  • Another cause of the print slowdown, especially if this also occurs with other programs, is the many, many unused files and directories in the system's Temp directory.

To clean the Temp directory of all unused, leftover temporary files and sub-directories, open your Windows Explorer and in the address bar, enter, '%temp%' (without the quotes). Select all the files and directories and delete them. Windows will not allow you to delete any file that is currently in use, but will let you delete all others that are not being used.

Then empty the Trash Can.

Reply Children