Subscription plan - I feel abandoned!

I have CorelDRAW X7 and its associated apps and I'm fluent with it.  However, something went wrong with the program on one of my computers and when I contacted Corel they were only interested in trying to convince me to buy a 2020 subscription.  I'm now retired and cannot justify the annual or monthly subscription fee to be able to keep using Corel. I do want to keep using it for all my private design work and for the free work I do for community groups, but i cannot afford $69 a month for that.

I started with CorelDRAW version 3 and have paid for upgrades all the way through to X7.  I had to get Windows 10 reinstalled when my hard disk crashed and X7 did not resinstall properly - well it did, but there are authentication issues.  I have all my previous lenience numbers, but Corel ar enot interested in helping me get X7 going again - they want me to change to 2020 and spend my pension income on a subscription instead of food etc.

Having become a CorelDRAW expert I would like to keep using it, but as a retired person I can no longer afford the upgrades, let alone the monthly fee. After being a loyal Corel customer for decades I am appalled at how easily they discard their long-term, loyal customers when those customers go out of business or retire.

Corel, you have lost my word-of-mouth support... well, lot the positive stories i used to tell

If any of you feel the same way, try Inkscape. I did and love it! It is professional and its free - even easier or more intuitive to use than Corel.  Try it! 

James Elliott BSc(WA) GradDipCompSt(Murdoch  JP