How to erase part of a line?

Hey guys I am very new to Coreldraw and graphic design in general.  I downloaded the trial version last night to test it out and so far I really like it.  I do have a question though.  I drew a logo today and cannot for the life of me figure out how to erase or trim or whatever it is called in this program. 

To keep things simple what I basically have is a rectangle serving as the main portion of the bat and an ellipse serving as the knob of the bat.  The ellipse overlaps the bottom portion of the bat to creat the knob.  I would like to remove the portion of the ellipse that overlaps the rectangle.  How would I go about doing this?  Thanks for any help!

Parents
  • Hello Bluewatebrew; There is more than one way to draw a base ball bat. to be simple you could do something like the screen shot, but even the simple way that I drew it would take a lot of space and you may not understand what I'm trying to say. The best advice I could give would be to get some of the learning aids that's out and watch the video's and read the book. One of the sites that's loaded is Foster Corburn's ( http://www.unleash.com ), and you can do a search on the web to find others. I attached a CMX file so you can play with what I drew.

George

Bat.cmx
Reply Children