coreldraw X6 (64-bit) has stopped working

CorelDraw X6 and PhotoPaint X6 are crashing on start-up (while the splash screen is present), with this message "CorelDraw X6 (64-bit) has stopped working" and "Corel PhotoPaint X6 (64-bit) has stopped working".

It was working fine a few weeks ago, but has since started doing this. I've gone back to a previous restore point and then re-installed the package several times, switching off everything I can think of, including my anti-virus package, but I get the same problem straight away - from the very first time I try to start CorelDraw or PhotoPaint. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. 

What should I do to get it working again?

Parents
No Data
  • I found a solution to a similar problem, and I'm sharing in case it's useful to anyone, it if nothing else here works.

Using CorelDRAW X6 on Win7 64-bit I had a crash opening ANY .CDR file. To the point: DELETE CORELDRWRGB.CDT in C:\Users. More details below.

The crash error contained a complaint about "StylesTool.dll" but that's not important to solution, it's just to see if our errors match. Opening Corel Draw by itself worked fine. I went digging around in "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6\" and renaming folders with underscore at the end. I did that to the "\Draw" folder there and open CDR files in CorelDraw = WORKING. So some file inside that folder was the problem: "CORELDRWRGB.CDT" - removing that file, all my .CDR files open again. So I restored the original "\Draw" folder and just deleted that file = good to go!

Corel created a new one only slightly smaller than deleted one. I don't know what the file is for. It didn't affect my palettes or other UI adjustments from what I can see. You can save a copy first. If you open it with Corel it's a blank white page square-shaped.

Hope this helps someone!

Children
No Data