control text color default in Dimension Tool

it seems like in the past whenever i made either artistic text or paragraph text color default, that was reflected in the control Text using the Dimension tool.

but no matter what changes i make in X6, it remains a chalky blue. 

any idears?  F8 time?

-thanks, -handsome john

Parents Reply Children
  • I've done this and (hopefully) saved it for all new drawings but is there a way to 'retro fit' this default dimension color to existing documents?

It is possible to import Styles - including document default properties - into existing documents.

That would not change dimensions or other objects already existing in a document, but those imported default properties would be used when creating new dimensions in the document.

It is possible to reformat existing dimensions by applying Style Sets, which can be included in a template, and can also be imported into existing documents. That allows one to dial in all of the properties to get the formatting "just right" for a particular style of dimension, and then be able to apply those properties easily in the future.

That's especially useful if one needs to use dimensions in drawings, and sometimes works using different scales. One can have different style sets that produce the right formatting at the different scales.