What is the most accurate way of taking a photo, and getting it sized on screen correctly in CD6 for designing decals?

I am trying to design decals for a model car, but can`t seem to get the picture adjusted to the correct size on screen CD6, so the decals print in correct scale size HELP !! thank you 

Parents
No Data
  • I am trying to design decals for a model car, but can`t seem to get the picture adjusted to the correct size on screen CD6, so the decals print in correct scale size HELP !! thank you 

You might consider using a macro such as Shelby's AutoSize. I have never used it myself, but I have a macro of my own that can scale objects based on user-defined reference points. If you do this a lot, then it might be worth buying or writing such a macro.

As a manual approach, you might do something like this:

1. Draw a line on top of your car photo, located based on some good reference points that you can measure on the real model - for example, center-of-wheel to center-of-wheel, or bumper-to-bumper. A longer distance will reduce the impact of measuring error.
    2. Check the length of that line.
    3. Scale the photo and the line proportionately by the same percentage, choosing that percentage to make the line the "real-world" length it should be.
Children
No Data