How to avoid activation issues? - Corel is consistently treating their customers likes pirates.

Does anyone know how to avoid the frequent post-install activation issues with COREL products?

It seems that buying all the licenses I need isn't enough for COREL, and that they figure I should spent DAYS waiting to use a program just because I want to edit an image or something once in a while. Corel is the only application that makes a 2 minute task take 2 days. 

COREL are the absolute WORST in the industry for it. I stopped recommending their software to others long ago because of this. The programs are usually good and do what I want, but the DRM and license management is absolutely atrocious.  

I know helpdesk fix it each time, but it shouldn't be happening it the first place - Corel really need to rethink their activation methods, especially for older revision programs where it's going to be more prevalent. 

I mean, I have a license, and I have an account? The apps phone home all the time? Just how difficult would it be for them to allow me to keep track of valid installs? Then they could deal with piracy problems without making life hell for their customers. I could tell them which installs are defunct (ie, on a dead hard drive, computer I don't use anymore ) and they could disable them and just keep my good licenses running. I could even forgive needing to have an internet connection active just to use their product, and it wouldn't take much to just require the apps to confirm they were running correctly once every 30 days or so.

But, instead, Corel makes their users lives a misery. As the application version ages, you can be absolutely sure you're going to hit licensing issues. And working off the idea that it's fine for people to spend time contacting helpdesk is a pretty poor way to run a business. 

What is really frustrating is that you know the pirates don't have this problems :( Just legitimate users. 

I know I'm not the only one. Just checking out the reviews on amazon show dozens of users who provided 1-star reviews because they experienced the same issues and frustrations. Corel seems happy to ignore all of them.