Dimension tool (rounding off numbers problem)

Hello and good day..  I am attempting to provide accurate drawings for quotes on some parts I need made.  When I use the dimension tool to save the time of hand typing dimensions I cannot get it to stop rounding up.   If I need a  .125 final size it always bumps it up to .13.  This just does not work for machining requirements.   I read an old post for Corel5 which I had already tried in my X7 which stated go to tools/options/workspace/edit.  I increased the drawing precision to 4 decimal places but it is still not working..  I closed the cdr file and reopened and it still does not create 4 decimals.  I re-drew a part and then tried it, same thing..  I draw a   .125 x .125 x .4375 and it says:  .13, .13, .44... pain in the brain.. 

How can I do this.. 

Another question.. after drawing a part in actual size. i.e. part above..  I want to expand the size of the drawing without changing the dimensions..  How can I do that?  I would like to print it very large but have not found away around that either..

thank you very much for your help and time.. 

Barry 

Parents Reply
  • So, that being solved I went to the Edit Scale and changed it from 1:1 to 1:4 and what that did was changed my measurments to 4 times larger than written.  i.e..  .125 became .5..   Maybe I am misunderstanding? 

If you want it to be larger-than-life on the print, then you would want a larger scale, not smaller. Use 4:1, draw a shape that is 4" x 2" on the page, and it would then dimension as 16" x 8".

Do you work with corelcad at all?

I have no personal experience with CorelCAD, but I have substantial experience with CAD. All of the mechanical design work I do know is in Autodesk Inventor, with the approach of modeling parts and assemblies in 3-D, then generating 2-D drawings from the 3-D content when needed.

If you wanted to experiment with that sort of approach, then I have heard some good things about Autodesk's Fusion 360.

Children
No Data